Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still reading the history and came across the fact that Nauru receives from 5 to 180 inches of rain each year ... quite a variation. Guess which year we are experiencing? As of day 74 on the island, we have had 47 days of rain, and the rain is not just a gentle shower, it is a straight-down, hard, no wind rain. We have conceded to the fact that the outdoor clothesline is not an option and have taken to hanging clothes in the house from the get go. At first on a small drying rack, and now we have erected a full length clothesline across the living room. It's just another reminder of the conveniences we take for granted. Today, take some time to be aware of what you have!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I remember those days here in Oklahoma when we didn't have money to dry our clothes after we did the machine or close line. In fact there were times that I had to wash the clothes in the bath tub. Loads of memories for sure. I know this will be one you too won't forget.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still use my outside clothes line but I remember my mother laying her clothes on racks all over the house. Hang in there. Love you and hope your pig roast is a great success.
    Sis

    ReplyDelete