Sunday, December 6, 2009



Bad weather I know sometimes affects church attendance, and we found that to be true here as well. After all, it had rained nearly nonstop for 3 days, Thursday-Saturday, and on Sunday morning though it had let up a little, the attendance was down. Our outside meeting area, although covered for shade, was showing the effects of the rain too, so we met inside. One of the men said we could be in for this "westerly" for maybe 3 days, maybe 3 months ??? you just never know. This morning, Monday, it is raining again, but this feels just like a light shower compared to the past week. I am happy that we live on the top of the hill!!

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting to read your comments. I was on the island in DE 1985 and there was no rain... but great to see Halley's Comet.

    I have been studying the stamps and history of Nauru for over 30 years. Unfortunately my contact at the Philatelic Bureau was broken many years ago, and have had difficulty restoring it. The unpredictability of Nauru government perhaps.

    I did have a contact with Xavier Barker at the South Pacific University at Nauru. My emails do not get through.

    Do you have any suggestions about how i can make contact?

    Robert C. Stein
    P.O. Box 219
    Kenmore NY 14217 USA

    eaoa@roadrunner.com

    Thank you and best wishes for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert! I still exist. I had also been emailing you for a long time, wondering why you didn't reply. get me on xbarker@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete